Etosha National Park - Halali Rest Camp
Central Etosha National Park – Northern Namibia Region
Halali Rest Camp is situated approximately halfway between two camps - 75 km from Namutoni and 70 km from Okaukuejo - northwest of the landmark Twee koppies. Halali tends to be the quietest of the three camps.
This resort is surrounded by some of the most popular water holes in the Park. The resorts name, of German origin, is derived from the bugle call made to announce the end of a hunt.
Probably the best thing about Halali is the secluded and scenic flood-lit water hole, situated a short walk from the camp.
Halali Rest Camp offers a range of different accommodation options –
- Rooms: The Double Rooms are the same size as a one-bedroom chalet. En-suite bathrooms with complimentary toiletries. Air-conditioning, lamps, tea/coffee station and a mini-fridge, mosquito nets are standard. Relax on a small corner sofa.
- Family Chalet: 2 secluded, air-conditioned, self-catering Family Chalets with two separate bedrooms with twin beds and mosquito nets in each. These spacious chalets have a separate lounge, kitchen and bathroom. The kitchen is equipped with a limited selection of crockery and cutlery, a small oven, fridge, kettle and tea/coffee station. Outside is a shaded entertainment area with built-in braai, table and chairs. These chalets are the closest to the waterhole.
- Two Bedroom Bush Chalet: smaller than the family chalets, and further from the waterhole. Twin beds in each bedroom and shared bathroom and a separate toilet, air-conditioning and mosquito nets. Relax in a small open plan lounge/kitchen furnished with two sofas, a small fridge, tea/coffee station, and crockery/cutlery. A table and chairs and a built-in braai are right outside.
- One Bedroom Bush Chalet: A small chalet with one bedroom and a small, separate bathroom with a shower/toilet. Air-conditioning and mosquito nets are standard. A sliding glass door leads to a pebble-floored open patio. No braai facilities.
- Premier Bush Chalets: 5 comfortably furnished Premier Bush Chalets with an en-suite bathroom, queen-sized bed, private garden area, jacuzzi, air-conditioning, mosquito nets, a fridge and tea/coffee station. Ideal for honeymooners.
Game Drives: Most people prefer to drive themselves around the park; but you can join one of the three daily Etosha game drives offered by NWR (Namibia Wildlife Resorts): Early morning, late afternoon and at night.
- Swimming Pool
- Disabled Access
- Gas Filling Station
- Shop / Kiosk
Halali is located between Okaukuejo and Namutoni, inside the Park.
Halali is situated +/- 70 km from both Namutoni and Okaukuejo.
- Halali Rest Camp is open throughout the year.
- There is a Park speed limit of 60 km/h.
- Rest-camps must be reached before sunset and may only be left after sunrise.
Admission fees must be paid at the gate before proceeding through the park.
The following are prohibited:
Open vehicles, motor-cycles, air-guns, catapults, unsealed fire-arms, disturbing of animals, leaving the road, getting out of the vehicle outside the rest-camp.
No pets are allowed.