Etosha National Park - Onkoshi Camp
Eastern Etosha National Park – Northern Namibia Region
Onkoshi Camp is nestled on the eastern rim of the Etosha pan on a secluded peninsula. It is a low impact, environmentally friendly establishment, which guarantees a truly personal and exclusive experience. The location is entirely out of view of current tourist routes, and all other developments in the area, and thus offers a pristine, tranquil and unique experience.
Guests must arrive in Namutoni from where they are transported to Onkoshi Camp in NWR (Namibia Wildlife Resorts) vehicles.
Onkoshi Attractions and Activities:
- Guided morning and afternoon game drives
- Sun deck with a view over the Etosha Pan
Onkoshi Camp offers the following accommodation options –
- Onkoshi Chalet: There are 14 spacious chalets built on elevated wooden decking complete with thatched roofs and insulated canvas walls. Each chalet has both indoor and outdoor showers and a stone bath with a breathtaking view onto the pan. Two ¾ quarter size beds, a fan, mosquito nets, tea/coffee station, a room safe and room service and standard. Ample luggage and hanging space is provided as is a sleeper couch for a child sharing with parents. The large, wooden-framed retractable doors allow for spectacular panoramic views.
- Onkoshi Honeymoon Chalet: The Honeymoon Chalet has a king-size bed and similar facilities to the Onkoshi Chalets less for the sleeper couch.
- Onkoshi Camp is open throughout the year.
- There is a Park speed limit of 60 km/h.
- Rest-camps must be reached before sunset and may only be left after sunrise.
Admission fees must be paid at the gate before proceeding through the park.
The following are prohibited:
Open vehicles, motor-cycles, air-guns, catapults, unsealed fire-arms, disturbing of animals, leaving the road, getting out of the vehicle outside the rest-camp.
No pets are allowed.